Everyone is welcome
Use kind words
Hands are for hugging
Too much reading is good
(Especially hugs & kisses)
The nursery perimeter has CCTV therefore all entrances to the property, the building and garden areas are recorded. The nursery has a video entry system to the building, as well as, a secured door to enter the nursery itself.
We have a security policy in place which all staff are trained to ensure your child is safe in our care at all times.
We are open from 7.30 am – 6.00 pm Monday to Friday. Children should be picked up no later than 5.30 pm.
Half Day Sessions 8.00 – 1.00 or 1.00 – 6.00 pm
Full Day Sessions 7.30am – 6.00 pm
We open all year round except for 2 weeks over the Christmas and New Year Holiday period.
We follow the national guidelines for staff ratio’s, which are as follows;
- Babies aged 3mths – 2 years requires one member of staff to three children
- Children aged 2 years – 3 years requires one member of staff to five children
- Children aged 3 – 5 years requires one member of staff to eight children
Policies and Procedures
Due to the extensive nature of our policies and procedures a copy of these are available on request only.
However they are available for you to read when you visit the nursery.
All our parents are given an extensive welcome pack when their child starts our nursery, which gives further information on health and safety, sickness, child protection etc.
Aims & Objectives
To satisfy our customers we provide a first class service, which eases the stress of parents in their daily working environment. We continue to improve the level and range of services we provide within the nursery to guarantee the successful future of the business.
- To create a caring, safe and stimulating environment where your child can feel valued, happy and secure
- To liaise with parents to ensure that the interests and experiences of their children are shared
- To observe and respond to individual children’s needs
- To develop key skills such as fine motor skills, gross motor skills etc
- To encourage the formation of healthy habits including personal hygiene
- To help children to form friendships and learn to share
- To encourage and stimulate curiosity and sensory awareness
- To develop independence, self control, self confidence, consideration of others
- To help express them in creative work
- To develop listening and talking skills through satisfying interactions
- To maintain the equal opportunities policy of the nursery
- To ensure that the child maximizes all available opportunities during this most important developing and learning time of his or her life
Regulation of Care Act Scotland sets out the statutory requirements for a private nursery, with which our nursery complies.
The Care Commission will inspect the premises on a regular basis, to ensure that all of the requirements are met. Nippers Nursery will provide a quality service for you and your child at the most important stage of his/her life.
Our clear policy statement of aims and objectives, our programmed staff training and supervision, parental involvement through meetings, questionnaires and record keeping will ensure the nursery is run smoothly.
Through our open communication system any necessary action of identified improvements will be taken.
All our policies and procedures comply with the National Care Standards and can be accessed at all times.